Cyber Security Awareness
Upper Peninsula State Bank takes Cyber Security very seriously.
Our goal is to provide you with a safe and secure website that gives you the best online banking experience possible. We work very hard to provide our customers with as much knowledge as possible to help make your online experience easy and enjoyable.
October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month
Understand your digital profile. Internet-based devices are present in every aspect of our lives: at home, school, work, and on the go. Constant connection provides opportunities for innovation and modernization, but also presents opportunities for potential cybersecurity threats that can compromise your most important personal information. Understand the devices and applications you use every day to help keep you and your information safe and secure.
Secure your digital profile. Cybercriminals are very good at getting personal information from unsuspecting victims, and the methods are getting more sophisticated as technology evolves. Protect against cyber threats by learning about security features available on the equipment and software you use. Apply additional layers of security to your devices - like Multi-Factor Authentication - to better protect your personal information.
Maintain your digital profile. Every click, share, send and post you make creates a digital trail that can be exploited by cybercriminals. To protect yourself from being a cybercrime victim you must understand, secure, and maintain your digital profile. Be familiar with and routinely check privacy settings to help protect your privacy and limit cybercrimes.
Articles of Interest
Want some tips for securing your smart phone? Use the FCC Smart Phone Security Checker online tool!
Links of Interest
- Kids Online Safety: Online resource for parents
- ID Theft and Fraud Protection Information: Tips on keeping your identity safe and secure
- Homeland Security – National Security Awareness: Tips and resources from Homeland Security
- Free Security Check-ups and Tools: Learn how to protect yourself, your family, and your devices with these tips and resources
- Staying Safe Online: Learn how to protect yourself, your family and your devices with these tips and resources