Apple Pay FAQ
- What devices can be used with Apple Pay?
- How do I add my debit card to Apple Pay?
- Why am I being asked to verify my card?
- How do I set my Upper Peninsula State Bank debit card as my default card to pay?
- Will all merchants accept Apple Pay?
- What should I do if I lose my card?
- What should I do if I lose my Apple® device?
- If I erase my iPhone, does that cancel my physical cards or can I continue to use them?
- Will I still have access to the same benefits my card offers if I use Apple Pay?
- How do I update my card’s expiration date or card number in Apple Pay?
- Can I add the same card on multiple devices?
- Are there any fees for loading my Upper Peninsula State Bank debit card into Apple Pay?
- How do I return a purchase I made through Apple Pay?
- How do I remove my card from Apple Pay?
In-store purchases can be made at participating merchants using your iPhone® 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad® Air 2, iPad mini 3 or Apple Watch.
Mobile “In-App” purchases can be made using your iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air 3 or iPad mini 3.
- It's easy to add your Upper Peninsula State Bank debit card to Apple Pay. Simply open the Passbook/Wallet app on your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 8.1 or greater to get started.
- Apple Watch users can add cards to Apple Pay by opening the Apple Watch App on their iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s or iHone 5c running iOS 8.2 or higher.
- If you already have an Upper Peninsula State Bank debit card on file with Apple iTunes®, you can quickly import it into Apple Pay by entering the security code on the back of your card.
- To add an Upper Peninsula State Bank debit card that is not in iTunes, enter your card information manually or hold your eligible iPhone over the card and use the devices camera to capture it automatically. Apple Pay will verify the card withUpper Peninsula State Bank before the card is ready to use.
For security purposes, you will be asked to contact us to verify your card when adding it to Apple Pay. This is done to confirm your identity and protect your personal information.
Go to Passbook/Wallet in your iPhone General Settings to set your default card.
No. Not all merchants have adopted this technology. Please continue to carry your physical cards to use where Apple Pay is not accepted. Most merchants will display the contactless payment symbol to let you know they accept contactless payments.
It's important to report a lost or stolen card immediately.We will close your card and issue you a new card. Once you receive your new card, you will need to re-load it into Apple Pay.
To report a lost debit card, call (888) 865-2265 or after-hours call (800) 236-2242.
- While we hope your phone is never lost or stolen, it's a good idea to download Apple's Find My iPhone app before that happens. You can use the app from your iCloud account to quickly place your device in "Lost Mode" so your information is not accessible or you can remotely erase your iPhone. Please note that the Find My iPhone feature must be enabled in iCloud settings on your device before you can locate it with this app.
- If you can't download the Find My iPhone app or can't disable Apple Pay using your iCloud account from another device, call us at (888) 865-2265 and let us know that you lost your device. We will be able to remove your Apple Pay card information from your phone in order to prevent unauthorized charges. We can only remove Upper Peninsula State Bank debit cards, you will need to contact other issuers separately.
- You should also contact your service provider so they can suspend your service.
- We also recommend that you monitor your online & mobile banking transactions. If you notice any suspicious activity, please contact us immediately.
Erasing the information on your iPhone will have no effect on your physical cards. You can continue to use your cards as you normally would. Erasing your iPhone will delete the virtual cards from Apple Pay and they can no longer be used. You can add your debit card back into Apple Pay at any time.
Yes, all the same benefits and protection that your debit card provides will continue to be available. There is no change to your existing card or its benefits.
When you receive an updated debit card, delete the card stored in Apple Pay and load your new card.
Yes, you can add the same card to Apple Pay on multiple compatible devices.
There is no cost associated with adding your card to Apple Pay, although it does require an active data plan. Note that additional message and data charges may apply. Your existing card's account agreement, terms and conditions, will apply to all Apple Pay purchases.
There is no change to the process that you use to make a return, but we recommend that you have your device available when returning any items to a retailer.
- Select the card in Passbook/Wallet that you would like to remove, then click the info icon on the bottom right corner to view the back of the card.
- Scroll to the bottom of the info screen until you see "Remove Card".
- Select this option to remove the card from Passbook/Wallet.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Pay and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc.